PFAS + Presque Isle County
As a Presque Isle County resident, you and the 12,687 people living in your community need to stay informed about the threat posed by toxic PFAS contamination.
A quick look at the numbers in Presque Isle County:
- There are 0 sites contaminated with toxic PFAS.
- 29% of residents are over the age of 65, and their health can be aggravated by PFAS contamination.
- 3.6% are children, who are especially vulnerable to PFAS.
To combat the harmful effects of PFAS, we must:
- Raise awareness of PFAS contamination in Presque Isle County waterways, and conduct local events to educate boaters and swimmers of the risks associated with PFAS.
- Recruit volunteers in key communities such as Rogers City and Millersville to get the word out about this risk to our community.
- Raise funds to continue testing important water sources like Augusta Lake.
- Raise awareness of potential PFAS contamination in Presque Isle County waterways.
Join the Great Lakes PFAS Action Network and share your story.
Health Impacts + PFAS
Toxic PFAS can have incredibly harmful affects on your health.
Toxic Foam on Lakes and Rivers + PFAS
Do you know about toxic PFAS foam on lakes and rivers?
Drinking Water + PFAS
How does PFAS affect our drinking water?
Seniors + PFAS
How does PFAS impact seniors?
What Are PFAS?
PFAS are a group of toxic and invisible man-made chemicals — short for per- and poly-fluoroalkyl chemical substances — that are used commonly in everyday consumer products, manufacturing and industry…
What Is GLPAN?
The Great Lakes PFAS Action Network (GLPAN) is a coalition centered and driven by people impacted by toxic PFAS pollution.
Testing for PFAS Contamination
There are several procedures to test for PFAS contamination based on the source being tested. This includes testing wildlife like fish, and water sources like drinking water and well water.