PFAS + Otsego County
As an Otsego County resident, you and the 24,613 people living in your community need to stay informed about the threat posed by toxic PFAS contamination.
A quick look at the numbers in Otsego County:
- There are 0 sites contaminated with toxic PFAS.
- 19% of residents are over the age of 65, and their health can be aggravated by PFAS contamination.
- 5% are children, who are especially vulnerable to PFAS.
To combat the harmful effects of PFAS, we must:
- Raise awareness of PFAS contamination in Otsego County waterways, and conduct local events to educate boaters and swimmers of the risks associated with PFAS.
- Recruit volunteers in key communities such as Gaylord and Oak Grove to get the word out about this risk to our community.
- Raise funds to continue testing important water sources like Flott Lake and Ford Lake.
- Raise awareness of potential PFAS contamination in Otsego County waterways.
Join the Great Lakes PFAS Action Network and share your story.Get Involved Today
What Is GLPAN?
The Great Lakes PFAS Action Network (GLPAN) is a coalition centered and driven by people impacted by toxic PFAS pollution.
What Are PFAS?
PFAS are a group of toxic and invisible man-made chemicals — short for per- and poly-fluoroalkyl chemical substances — that are used commonly in everyday consumer products, manufacturing and industry…