PFAS + Bay County
As a Bay County resident, you and the 103506 people living in your community need to stay informed about the threat posed by toxic PFAS contamination.
A quick look at the numbers in Bay County:
- There are 4 sites contaminated with toxic PFAS.
- 18% of residents are over the age of 65, and their health can be aggravated by PFAS contamination.
- 5% are children, who are especially vulnerable to PFAS.
To combat the harmful effects of PFAS, we must:
- Raise funds to clean up the Bangor Township Landfill, Middleground Landfill, and Dow Chemical ITI Facility.
- Raise awareness of PFAS contamination in Bay County waterways, and conduct local events to educate boaters and swimmers of the risks associated with PFAS.
- Recruit volunteers in key communities such as Bay City and Auburn to get the word out about this risk to our community.
- Raise awareness of potential PFAS contamination in Bay County waterways.
Join the Great Lakes PFAS Action Network and share your story.
What Are PFAS?
PFAS are toxic & invisible man-made chemicals that have negative health effects.
Exposure to PFAS
The most common manner of exposure is ingestion.
Health Impacts + PFAS
Toxic PFAS can have incredibly harmful affects on your health.
Where Are PFAS Found?
PFAS are found EVERYWHERE. But we can protect ourselves by being informed.